The Code Pirates is a handpicked selection of popular Open Source Github projects, that are hosted on a Content Delivery Network (CDN). The content we deliver is not hosted on Github.
The reasons behind The Code Pirates are as follows:
- To allow others to remotely link, or offload their assets, similar to projects like BootstrapCDN, CDNJS, jsDeliver, and CDN.TL
- To introduce those who are new to Github to some great open source projects.
- To offer a way to access repos should Github's servers go down.
This is not the main reason behind the project, however.
Download The Repos
● CDN online.
Filesize: 211MB. 181 Repos.
The Maintainer has put together remote backups of The Chest on a CDN should Github's servers go down:
- Popular Github repos are copied onto our CDN.
- Users can download the repo if Github goes down.
- Users can link to the repo's assets (JS, CSS, and Images).
- Submit your own repo and have your content served from the CDN.
A list of every file on the CDN is available at these locations;
Whilst the main purpose of this project is to serve assets from a CDN, we understand that Github's servers can go down without notice, and this is a temporary, albeit limited solution, to that problem. Our service is not 100% reliable, and we make no claims to that.
Since this project is hosted on Github Pages, it is liable to go offline. We have attached the domain to Cloudflare, so our page should persist even if Github Pages does go offline.
I believe this project is invaluable to the developer community at large, but I think that more could be done. I am looking for people willing to help kickstart the project financially and therefore make it faster, better, and stronger. I am on Git-tip, so if you want to fund this project, you can do so on Git-tip, or you can simply contact Me. I have a wishlist of things I want for the project I can't afford right now, and the project desperately needs more money pumped into it.
If you are using the service, you can also tell others by including this small Antipixel button on your site:
Just copy and paste the following code into your HTML:
<a href="http://codepirat.es/?ref" target="_blank"><img src="http://codepirates.eiremedia.netdna-cdn.com/img/codepirates.png"></a>